Workout for Someone with Very Little Strength

Started by asianbboy, April 29, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,361 Views

asianbboy

Hi guys,

Here's my workout: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 2VabkNsVEE

Right now I'm not sure if this is the best fit for me, because my dead hang bicep pullups are really low. It's a struggle for me to even do one rep. Is doing flex arm hang at the top and bottom the way to go? I can do around 2 sets of 20 s hang at the top.

For HeSPU I could probably do the box variation but I have yet to try it.

Also, is pull to inverted hang a good exercise? I'm not strong enough to do curls on the rings yet but pull to inverted hang is relatively easy for me to pump out reps.

Ian Myers

try doing negatives for the chinups and pullups. as slow as possible.

for the pulls to inverted hang, what position are you using, for example tuck or flat tuck

Blairbob

For your pulling strength, work negatives with a hold at the top and do some horizontal rows. If this is too much, just do the rows with some holds at the top.

If you can't really do a negative for 3 seconds, don't waste your time with them for now. Focus on a flexed arm hang and the rows.

Pull to inverted hang is a great exercise, no matter the position. It's what beginning gymnasts start off with a lot with their feet on the floor, a small swing and then skin the cats/360 pulls.