PPP question

Started by Ragnarok, April 27, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,508 Views

Ragnarok

I decided to start doing PPP as of now instead of weighted declined push-ups because i don't have a weight vest yet and im already doing 8 reps with 20kg on my back and im afraid to add more because they can fall off and its uncomfortable to put them on and such.

I saw slizzardman's video on the pseudo-planche push-ups and i also read the sticky for it. I only have 1 question: since this is a (dynamic?) movement instead of a static hold, can you train them in a 5x5 fashion, making it harder as soon as you are able to? Or must you do them in an SSC-style, doing the exact number of reps and staying in exactly the same position for months?

Scott Malin

PPP are actually a Fundamental Bodyweight Exercise and not a dynamic one, so the goal is to increase the difficulty. SSC would be more for the PL lean.

Ragnarok
Zach Armijo said:
I suppose you can train them either or depending on your PL strength. If you are just doing the PPP then i would do them 5x5 or however you like. I would train your PL lean as a SSC if you are not use to it yet. But if you are, I would train them as Josh suggests, 5s down, 5s up. Plus I would add a nice little static PL lean at the top.

Well i only did the ppp for a little while a long time ago, so basically my PL level is zero right now. Last time i did the frog stand i was at 40 something seconds max but now i will abandon it and get 60s l-sit first. As far as l-sit goes i just started again after a month maybe of not doing it so im at 20s max legs straight in paralletes/push-up bars.

I think ill do the leans too.

Cory Fair said:
PPP are actually a Fundamental Bodyweight Exercise and not a dynamic one, so the goal is to increase the difficulty. SSC would be more for the PL lean.

I said dynamic but i wasn't sure if that's what it's called, that's why i put a ? next to it. I just meant that you go up and down like a normal push-up, that you move and it's not a static then.