Hi my name is Matt, I have been workingout with free weights for 21 years (36 now) and decided to start with body weight workouts, I have always admired the gymnast bodies. I would like some adive on my workouts to see if I'm going down the right path. My workouts consist of iron cross (with 17kg of "assistance") I do as many sets to reach total of 60 sec (usually hold for between 8-10sec at a time), I think they are called L-sits for 10 sec holds till 60 sec, staright arms flyes (with feet on ladder) for chest 3x10, 3x10 pull ups. These of course all done on rings. Then I do 3x50 squats, 3x10 HSPU. I do this 5 times a week.
I weigh 64kg and am 5ft3inch tall, I know that I would not be of the same muscular build as say yuri van gelder , however by doing this type of workout, how close do you think I can get? I have been doing this type of workout for about a month. I satrted with 20kg "assistance" on rings for IC when I got to 13 sec hold I thought I could drop the weight down a bit. I am to progress over time to as little weight as I can. Any suggestions or help would be fatastic as bodyweight is a lot different than fre weights (and more fun I think) I may never go back to iron again!