This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120420

Started by Coach Sommer, April 20, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,406 Views

Coach Sommer

YS8ol0rx1m8

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 HSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 Russian Dips

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

20 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include kettlebells, dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Michael Traynor

Thanks for the WOD Coach this one was fun:

I did 4 sets like this:

YPBjhmORdvA

Josh Schmitter

Hey all, just a quick question if anyone has a bit of curtain to pull away for me today. I know Coach prefers a bent arm sub for the 20 swinging dips(as opposed to no dips, and all swings), but I was unsure of whether 20 pushups on steps(elevated upper body) was better than 20 foot supported(i.e. doing most of the work) dips. Again, I would be doing more actual work with the pushups, but the plane of motion would be different. This would be the same issue with the 10 Russian Dips, as I can only do around 7 full dips when completely fresh.

So to sum up: Either keep the plane of motion and do foot supported dips with almost no arm work, or ixnay the plane of motion and do a little more work with elevated pushups/regular pushups for the 10 Russians. Thanks in advance for any help.

Also nice vid as always Breaks. If that is weak, I'm not sure if there is yet a classification to describe my level :).

Randeep Walia

3 Sets of:

2 x L-Sit to Planche on Parallets in between:

5 Negative HsPU

6 Russian Dips

6 Swinging dips

I had a lot of fun with this one, even though I could barely do it! I have been training MUs relentlessly (still cannot do one) and I realized know that I've been putting the emphasis on the pull-up and transition and really neglecting the dip. I used to be able to do 30 or so easily so was really dismayed at my performance on the 2 different dips here.

I took the russian dips to the elbow but still got fatigued pretty quick and needed to use an assist. I put them down as 6, but I really did about 8 the first two rounds. It was my first time trying swinging dips and I think I'm going to put them into my regular routine: a great movement! I can not imagine how anyone can do 20 though! Very impressive. My legs were straight doing them this time but after seeing Breaks' video I'll try them next time with the bent leg position if I have to do a high number of reps.

My shoulder was in a lot of pain by the third set so I cut it short there.

Michael Traynor
IcedDante said:

My legs were straight doing them this time but after seeing Breaks' video I'll try them next time with the bent leg position if I have to do a high number of reps.

I only bend my legs due to having a low set of bars, having straight body us always better, not only as its better to have correct form but you will carry more momentum through the swing and find the movement easier to perform.

Michael (Breaks)