I was all pumped up for Wedneday this week. My Alma Mater has an amateur gymnastics league (some of them on this forum) and I get to train with a lot of knowledgeable people with the same passion I have. Tuesday, however, I was doing a bunch of Leg Curls and Arch ups and something happened with my lower back the next day.
Every time I took a step I could feel some pain there and, though the pain was not debilitating, I pretty much reflexively decided to skip gymnastics and rest. I took a walk, did some stretching, and played some poker with the boys.
I couldn't help but wonder if I kind of wussed out though... I planned on a good rings workout, exercising my muscle up, back lever and other movements. Basically there were a bunch of movements that I could have done, why not do a gentle but thorough warm-up, slap a little Tiger Balm on, and give it a shot? I have had some serious injuries that have taken me out of the game so I can be a little gun-shy when anything goes "wrong", but I wanted to get feedback from the Community here as to how you all handle injuries and if you think there is such a thing as being "too safe".
The fact that I lost $600 playing Omaha Hi/Lo may have had something to do with this line of thinking...