First post

Started by Richard01, April 17, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,722 Views

Richard01

Hi ladies and gents. First post.

I have recently retired from rugby after deciding that chasing silver wear and trying to score tries was not as important as the long term health and well being of my joints (previous ankle ligament injury, rotator and ac in my shoulder, as well as more recent disc injury in my lower back).

Equipment wise just now I have a squat rack, oly barbell, Db's, bench. I have always lifted weights during and since rugby. I am currently 6'1 roughly 205 and about 9-10% bf. I amnt adversed to lifting heavy or using a hybrid but I was hoping to move away from constantly hitting my joints hard with heavy weights. Id like another 10lbs on me but dont mind if any size/strength gains take a wee while to come. Tightening up the waist even more would be good to.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions etc I would love to hear them.

I look forward to hearing from u and throwing around some ideas.

Richard

Ian Myers

There's tons of info on starting a program or just integrating a few things into your current program in the stickies in the getting started forum. If youv'e got any specific questions, ask away! :)