MSH help and assistance exercises

Started by Oats, April 16, 2012 · 5 Replies · 16,255 Views

Oats

Hi, my name is Matthew, I'm a beginner and well that's about it :wink: . Also to start of I'd like to thank you for this great source of knowledge and inspiration.

As stated I'm just starting out, I think I'm quite fit and I never did any gymnastics or bodyweight exercises aside from basic pushup, pullup, squat etc. At the moment I'm steadily working on my FSP (plank, reverse plank, hollow hold, back arch, PB or rather chair support, german hold) and not that I'm in a hurry to move on but I started working on progression to more advanced skills/positions. The position I'm having the most problem with is middle split hold, even with my legs bent and glutes resting on my arms I can barely hold it for 2 seconds. Now more to the point, is there a step before MSH bent variation or anything that could help me with MSH? What's most problematic to me in this position is pushing hips forward, I can keep the MSH bent position from vertical PB support but the very moment I try to push the hips it's done. Other thing that bugs me it's that I can keep L-sit with quite good form with ease but the moment my hips go forward in the MSH I just can't hold the similar compression in the abdominal area. Well maybe I'm just impatient but If you could help me out a bit I'd be very grateful,

And just to plug another question. I'm a total beginner and I know that it may be too vague, but could you please recommend me more sort of good general assistance exercises like this one?

Nic Branson

Can you hold an advanced L-sit on the floor?

Oats
Nic Branson said:
Can you hold an advanced L-sit on the floor?

Nope not at all :( The moment I get my back straight and push the hips it's done.

Nic Branson

Work on that before really starting your manna work. Work into the advanced slowly 1/2in an inch at a time.

Oats
Nic Branson said:
Work on that before really starting your manna work. Work into the advanced slowly 1/2in an inch at a time.

Thanks for clearing this up. My L-sit have a lot of room for improvement so I'll take my time.

Kris CHARTON

Before Manna work you should mastering Lsit and Straddle L for 30s at least.