Introduction

Started by William Evans, April 5, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,772 Views

William Evans

Hi all,

I am 36 yrs old, overweight and out of shape. I have no prior experience with gymnastics. But, I have a feeling I am somewhat representative a of a new crop of people that will be looking to do this type of workout.

I've lifted weights on and off for years using everything from a bodybuilding program to starting strength. I've also been involved in a variety of activities like jiu jitsu, may Thai, skiing, surfing, etc. But I've recently stopped my workout program and have been looking for something else that better suits my goals.

I want to be mobile and functionally strong and I want something that will keep me in great shape as I get older. I don't care about being big or lifting heavy. I want to be strong, but strong in a way that makes all movement seem easier and has applicability beyond of a few specific exercises in the gym.

I don't think any program ive done yet really addresses these goals.

I also think these goals are the same goals many other people are gravitating towards, hence my suggestion that you will be seeing more and more people like me coming this way.

I look toward to getting started!

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, Billie. Welcome! 8)