Intro and program advice

Started by Bertke, March 31, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,153 Views

Bertke

Hey there,

Guess I'll start with a (hopefully) quick intro!

I'm 20, 6 ft 4, 85 kilos(187.39 pounds?) and I live in Perth, Western Australia. For the past year or so I've been doing strictly Bodybuilding 6 days a week. Recently that's changed however! I've read the book, read these forums, gotten myself some rings and climbing rope and done 2 weeks of training...and I'm sold! It's gymnastics training from now on :) My goals have shifted and I have my eyes set on gradually working up to being able to perform advanced ring skills.

I've constructed a bit of a workout plan and I would really love your opinion on it. I know my limits and what I can manage, and I think I can manage the load. When I started Bodybuilding I went from minimal exercise to 6 days a week full on and adapted quickly, so I think my body recovers and adapts rather well. However you all know a lot more about gymnastics than I, so I will definitely change it if you think it would be unwise.

Here is a rough outline:

Monday: All FBE that I meet the pre reqs for. If I don't meet the pre reqs for an exercise, I work on the pre reqs.

Tuesday: Legs/Obliques/Wrist training/Vacuums/L-sit/Handstand

Wednesday: All FSP I meet the pre reqs for. If I don't meet the pre reqs for an exercise, I work on the pre reqs.

Thursday: Legs/Obliques/Wrist training/Vacuums/L-sit/Handstand

Friday: All FBE that I meet the pre reqs for. If I don't meet the pre reqs for an exercise, I work on the pre reqs.

Saturday: Legs/Obliques/Wrist training/Vacuums/L-sit/Handstand + more Planche work.

Sunday: 30 minute stretch session

If this seems ends up being a decent plan, perhaps switch the FBE and FSP around the following week?

I appreciate any and all advice!

Also, got to say I love these forums and I think it's fantastic that the Coach and all the admins/users spend so much of their free time helping others. You guys rock :D

Ian Myers

When you say legs and oblique do you mean fbes for those too? I suggest doing fsps before every workout, and instead of the all fbes do a pulling day(rows, pull up variations, mpp pulls,) a pushing day(dips, push up variation, overhead variation), a leg day, and a core day. Since you said you want to train 6 days, maybe for the last two days do one that is pushing and pulling and one that is core and legs. What fsps are you doing?