advice on weighting bodyweight chins and dips

Started by d_litt, March 29, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,764 Views

d_litt

Hey guys,

My question is about bodyweight gear so i think it should be here... i figure if anyone's gonna know it's gonna be you guys; i've been trying to figure out how i can add more resistance to my dips and chins...I'm also trying to figure out whether it's worth adding the resistance; if i'm doing sets of 12+ chins and 16+ dips (im very light)...will it be better to do fewer at a higher weight?

I'm looking into some of these weighted vests but I am sort of spooked by the price differences between that and something like this

thanks for any advice you can offer!

Blairbob

Dipping chain belt or martial arts belt. Plates or DB.

I would calculate bw+external load. I think this is why 531 protocol for weighted pulls/dips didn't work as I only calculated external load

Yes, you can work harder progressions but its not the samr

Michael Miskelly
Dipping chain belt or martial arts belt. Plates or DB.

I use the tow strap for a car but a martial arts belt would work the same. Here is how to secure it to yourself.

E5ez0KbF9QU

Coach Sommer

Rather than adding weight, my preference is for you to progress on to more challenging bodyweight variations. For example, once you have mastered all of the dip variations at 5x5, then move on to mastering the HSPU variations.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer