Hi all,
I am 18 years old, and I have recently started to get interested in training with bodyweight and achieving a strong body. I have the current book, and started doing some searching, am doing this workout laid out by swarovski three times a week which can be found here:
http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6371&p=56698#p56631
I am currently trying to achieve 60 secs on each of the FSP prerequisites, and then will try to get 3x60 on all of them before progressing further to harder progressions.
For the FBEs, I plan to alternate between the three planes for the upperbody, as I will be able to get through all three in a week, whilst doing the basic progressions of each movement before moving onto harder versions which can be found in the book. For the core, I feel I should start off with Vups, before moving onto HLLs, as I feel my core lacks the strength to do this exercise properly. For my legs, I will go through the progressions of deck squats before progressing to SLS and its harder versions.
I am also currently doing martial arts training (very leg endurance orientated), as well as the beginner plyo workout twice a week in the vertical jump bible which I use to try to improve my vertical jump and once I get time to will start lifting heavy again (squats, snatches). I currently go to no gymnastics class, but in the near future will join one. I am very interested in ring training and tumbling, and want strong upperbody, and an equally strong and explosive lowerbody.
My questions are as follows:
Do you feel this is the right progression for me right now?
Do you guys feel I should do HLLs anyway? I have read about how the HLL has a great carryover to the Lsit, so I may use this aswell.
Should I incorporate any lower back/oblique/straight body variations in my core workout right now? Also, should I add hamstring variations to my leg workout?
Would the VJB be an appropriate workout for me to improve leg power, so I can jump higher to do tumbling? If not, what would you suggest for a beginner gymnast?
I probably would want to program sprints in the near future, should I start off with some jogging before progressing to sprints? Also how would I program sprints to get the most benefits?