Finally can do pre-req... Now what?

Started by Maddened, March 25, 2012 · 3 Replies · 4,370 Views

Maddened

Finally I've managed to work up to 60s hold (a little shaky for most, but I can at least hold 60s each) for the pre-req (except wall HS but I'm going to continue working on it and it shouldn't be doinglong till I get it). So now how should I proceed? I can't do any of the FSPs but I'm not sure which to start with.

I'm thinking of planche and L-sit. Is that ok for now? My plan is to do the WU pre-req, then pick one pull and push FBE, do 3 sets of 5-8, and then work on the selected FSPs working up to one minute each. Do you think that's okay?

Oh by the way, I can't even hold a frog stand (knees on elbows) right now. Haha... Or anything else for that matter... Heh.

Scott Malin

60s for how many sets? As you mentioned still being a bit shaky, I would recommend getting some more volume and making your holds solid. A common mistake is to jump on board the next progression the moment one has the opportunity. Repetitive experience has taught me this only leads to back-sliding or injury. :/

Maddened
Cory Fair said:
60s for how many sets? As you mentioned still being a bit shaky, I would recommend getting some more volume and making your holds solid. A common mistake is to jump on board the next progression the moment one has the opportunity. Repetitive experience has taught me this only leads to back-sliding or injury. :/

Thanks for that. 1 set so far. Sounds like I need to keep working pre-reqs then. Thanks for the advice.

But since this thread is up, what should I do once I can do say 3 sets 60 secs? Are there any pairs of FSPs that are advisable to be trained together? I remember reading a thread by killroy who said that his FL or PL was affected by his L-sit training so he stopped that. Kinda want to avoid this kind of situation. Thanks again!

Scott Malin

One step at a time. :) Coach's recommendation has been to restrict beginning FSP work to Pl, FL, & BL prerequisites. Unless you are trying progressions past your ability, the abs shouldn't be a problem.