End of a training cycle and beginning of a new one

Started by Ivan Pellejero, March 19, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,894 Views

Ivan Pellejero

Hi guys, this week is the last of the training cycle and I want to have a clear idea on how to proceed next. I've been training FSP's only to maintain them doing 80 % of the maximum time in each of them, four times a week and I think that i'm going to maintain that without any changes at all because I still have some minor "injuries" to work with and pushing myself into developing these may delay my recovery or even end up hurting me. The big question is about how do I do to test my level in the FBE's? and how long should the resting time between cycles be? Thanks

Blairbob

Take a week as a light week, testing a few things each day. That is the easy way. Hard way is to test on the weekend after a training week. Should still be doable if recovery is good.

Ivan Pellejero

Cool, i'm on it, but, for example, if i do 3x3 pull up's L, how do I test out the new rep requirements or how do I know when to add new series, if i'm not mistaken I should only escalate to a harder variation after i'm able to do 5x5.

Blairbob

Just test after every cycle or maybe halfway between on an off day if you continue doing SSC. Or employ a linear system.