I've now designed a new training program for myself and any advice is welcomed and encouraged. In the past, all I had done was follow the daily WODs. Because this was all I did(Crossfit habit), I neglected keeping record of progress and sticking to a specific training structure. Consequently, I made little progress. So here is my new program design I plan on following for now on:
Frequency=Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Type=8-12 Week Steady State Cycle (SSC)
Training/day=60 sec aggregate each of 3 FSPs + 3 sets of 5 reps on 4 FBEs
Set-up:
Day 1=60 sec aggregate each of 3 FSPs + 3x5 MPPu Variation and MPPr Variation/3x5 Curl Variation and Dip Variation
Day 2=60 sec aggregate each of 3 FSPs + 3x5 Core Variation and Leg Variation/3x5 Core Variation and Leg Variation
Day 3=Repeat Day 1 FSPs + 3x5 HeSPU Variation and Pull-Up Variation/3x5 Pushup Variation and Row Variation
Day 4=Repeat Day 2 FSPs + CPP/Press HS Work/Straight Arm HS Work
I started this past Monday after a complete week's rest of training.
Max FSP Holds: ---------------------------------------------------> Holds per training day this SSC:
Tuck PL=12 sec---------------------------------------------------------------->10 sets of 6 sec
Half Lay FL=12 sec------------------------------------------------------------>10 sets of 6 sec
One hand middle straddle L-sit=18 sec (not met prereq for manna training)-->6 sets of 9 sec
Full BL=greater than 45 sec--------------------------------------------- ---->2 sets of 30 sec
Freestanding HS=greater than 1 min---------------------------------------->1 set of 1 min
Floor L-Sit=>30 sec (met 3x30 sec prereq for PL training)---------------->2 sets of 30 sec
I plan on doing my PL, FL, and L-sit on Days 1 and 3 and my SL-sit, HS, and BL on Days 2 and 4.
I hope this routine isn't too much for me to handle. I mean, I'm not exactly a beginner at doing these exercises. However, it's my first Day 4 and I'm really sore but I think it's just a result of a new program and of course, training after having an entire week off. I do plan on doing a half intensity or half volume week every 4th week. I'd like to hear also if at the end of my SSC (either after 8 or 12 weeks), should I take a week off before measuring my new FSPs? Please read and comment. Thanks guys.