What do you guys feel about the best time for workout? Is it like 2 hours after breakfast? 3 hours after lunch? 2-3 hours after dinner?
Best time for workout?
Started by seiyafan, March 15, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,498 Views
Find the time that works for you. Seriously, no need to over think this.
EDIT: I'm a mid morning person when I can get it in. Other wise just after lunch. I hate training late evening time frame.
personally, i have had the necessity of working out in differents hours in a day... i can say that in the morning i feel too tigh, and in midday i.. just don't fell confortable.. i love to work out in the afternoon or evening, something like 7pm
Yeah i am with Martin on this. I like to work out around 6 or seven. Thankfully my wife is understanding because when i am done working out when i start at seven, its usually 9 or 9:30, then i do an hour of yoga. But it really is entirly up to you
For me, the best time for training is when I can get into the right mood. Usually that is mid morning or right before noon when I get home from early morning classes. I love group training at any time of the day, though.
Although, to be honest, I usually train 2.5-3 hours by myself in the morning and then a few hours in the evening with a group or another person ![]()
Best time? Whatever time you are least likely to NOT miss your workout. For me, earlier is always better. I typically do BW/Gymnastic wannabe workouts first thing in the morning and any lower body work in the afternoon. I have found the later I wait in the evening, the greater the chance I'll opt to do something other than work out. However, I do not like loading the spine soon after waking as a rule so I always leave any squatting or barbell work for the early evenings.
Consistency is the common sense secret to fitness, diet etc. Smart training like much of what is discussed on this forum is just a nice bonus.