Progressions in leg exercises

Started by Kai Schnaitmann, March 15, 2012 · 4 Replies · 3,197 Views

Kai Schnaitmann

Good day All,

This is my exercise plan for my legs.

Ido Portals Squat clinic as warm – up.

Deck Squat Variations, 5x5 Deck Squats, Mondays

Single Leg Squat Variations, 5x5 SLS – negative, Wednesdays

Hamstring Variations, 5x5 Natural Leg Curls, Fridays

Now my question is should I continue with this plan or should I master all variations for one exercise type for example Deck squat variations 5x5, 3 times a week

Deck Squats, Deck Squats – jumping, Deck Squats - jumping for distance, Deck Squats - jumping for distance & height, Deck Squats – weighted, Deck Squats - weighted jumping, Deck Squats - weighted jumping for distance, Deck Squats - weighted jumping for distance & height

And then continue with Deck Squat Variations -Deck Squats - weighted jumping for distance & height and add another different exercise like Single Leg Squat Variations ?

Cole Dano

Before answering your question, it would be helpful to know why are you spreading those out over three days? What else (briefly) are you doing on those days?

Kai Schnaitmann

Mainly core work and warm-ups for shoulders wrists and some strength work for the wrists.

It does take some time to complete it, especially if you don't have lots of time.

Gym777

Btw is there any sense to do Deck Squat variations if I can do SLS deck squats already?

Michael Miskelly
Btw is there any sense to do Deck Squat variations if I can do SLS deck squats already?

Probably, if you are doing higher rep workouts for the legs then scaling back can always be useful. I can do SLS but if I am doing high reps on them sometimes I have to scale back to SLS deck squats. You could always use the previous progression for warm up too.