max effort gymnastics

Started by Chris H Laing, October 5, 2008 · 1 Replies · 2,800 Views

Chris H Laing

So I will be starting Rutherfords MEBB template after stalling out on SS. And I would like to start my way back towards more gymnastic type movements by including gymnastic holds on max effort days.

Basically my schedule will look like this - 3 on 1 off - CF, ME, CF, rest. On ME days I will be doing a gymnastics movement (front/ back lever, planche and l-sit) followed by a barbell movement (deadlift, clean, squat, etc.) and the barbell lifts will follow a rep scheme of 5x5, 5x3, and 5x1 or working up to a 1 rm.

So my basic question is this: How do I program the gymnastics holds for a max effort? Should I do max holds til I reach 60 seconds? Or maybe reps of half my max hold time til I reach 60 seconds? What about just 3 or 5 reps of holding it as long as possible?

Any insight?

Blairbob

reps of 50% of max with a total volume of 60s is the program