Ok so my pike progress has gotten me a legit leg lift. This sounds so ironic given that i've been teaching kids to do them for years now. I have to stretch for 5 minutes prior to doing leg lifts but because of this i can progress now with my side lever. I'm up to doing 3x2 of WW. Which is huge for me given my extremely poor pike flexibility for all of my life. Everyday i try and find creative ways to stretch my hamstrings and its paying off. Ok now to the meat and potatoes.
I'll get back on Ring strength next week. I have really been pushing foundation the past few months and i think its ingrained in me to do it and knock it out. The strain of doing 30s tuck planches combined with Front Lever lifts was a lot to handle. It would take me 30-40 minutes to get thru both of those sometimes. Now i'm moving on with FL to "easier" harder variations so the workouts are not so long and strenuous. I'm really looking forward to the next level of straddle planche. Its funny how much i was in a rush to rush things before and now i'm looking forward to slow steady progress. This has helped me become a better coach and athlete.
I have my P Bar Press back from L sit. Once i can do 5x5 of that i will do pressups on the rings while simultaneously working Ring HS. That Iron Cross is in my sights. But i'm not in a hurry this time to dive into it. When my body is ready for that training i'll begin and not a moment too soon.