What do you think of this routine?

Started by seiyafan, March 11, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,103 Views

seiyafan

I have been training for almost 3 months and I sometimes do what I feel like with any planning. So tonight I am writing down a plan that I will stick to for the next month or two.

Warm Up:

sometimes I do 5 push-ups, sometimes I kick my legs about 10 times, sometimes half a minute of hollow hold and so on... the goal is to get my body warmed up.

I may add planche lean if it doesn't affect my training later.

Day 1 3x3 tucked half back pull (from inverted to back lever then back to inverted)

3x5secs tucked BL hold

3x5secs tucked FL hold

5x5 HeSPU

Day 2 3x5 HeSPU

5x5 body row

5x5 dips

5x10sec planche lean

Day 3 Bench press and pull-up at gym (usually 5 sets for bench press and 5-6 sets for normal pull-up, then a few more sets with assisted machine until I die)

Day 4 REST

Day 5 5x5 HeSPU

5x5 Pull-up

Day 6 5x10sec L-sit

5x5 ring pushup

5x10sec planche lean

Day 7 5x5 HeSPU

5x5 Pull-up

5x3 dips

Day 8 REST

Cool down:

Ring support position, I train at night so I usually do as many sets and hold as long as I possibly can for before I collapse and then go brush my teeth and sleep.

Is there anything I should change or modify? Thank you!!

Larry Roseman

The warmup could be more extensive and be followed by some shoulder prehab before doing the rings.

If you can do something for 5-10 minutes to begin to sweat going it would help.

The purpose is to raise your core temperature, get the blood moving into the limbs, loosten the muscles.

The active stretching is good.

Are you doing the standard preliminary static stuff? Any shoulder prehab?

Your 4 day cycle is nice good in that you're taking a rest day. Important.

However it may be harder to work to a cycle that shifts relative to the week days.

Keep that in mind, see how it goes.

Don't see anything going on with the legs. How do you feel about doing something like

Squat or leg press, Bench and pull-ups on the gym day?

You might be able to compress the same volume into 5 out of 8 days eventually, and have

1 day out of 8 for general conditioning including heavy stretching ....

Cole Dano

Like Future said, you need some leg work in there.