Need advice on my routine...

Started by wwqll, March 9, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,258 Views

wwqll

Hi everyone,

I started to work out with btgb 4.5 months ago as really skinny person (98lbs to 123 @ 5"6) and saw good strenght gains. One month ago I asked help on my routine, and built a new one that I tested a bit, it looks like

Everytime :

5 sets planche variation

5 sets handstand variation

5 sets back lever

5 sets front lever

then

A :

3 sets weighted dips

3 sets push up variation

3 sets hanging leg lifts

3 sets L sit variation

B:

3 sets handstand push ups

3 sets rows progression

3 sets weighted pull ups

3 sets grip work

Week:

ABxABxx

Is it any good ? I don't have access to rings yet.

Other question, when I'm doing the tuck planche, as I lean forward, I keep the position correctly for like 5 to 8sec but I can never stay longer because my biceps can't handle the waight for long. And same for the front lever, my biceps start to tremble and hold me from staying longer in the position (my arms are straight).

So, I think my biceps is holding me back for multiple positions, what should I do ? Additional work ? or will it strengthen itself under time ?

Thanks in advance

wwqll

Also my current level of strength in case that helps

25sec l sit; from 0sec

5-8sec tuck planche; from 10 sec frog stand

about 3-4 2/3 rom handstand push up; from 0

about 8sec max freestanding handstand

maybe 50sec wall headstand; from few secs

14 bw pull ups or 3 with 20lbs; from 0

10-12 bw dips (added them recently)

Blairbob

Sounds decent, enjoy.

Well, how's it been working for you? How's your progress?

I would switch the HSPU as your pushup progression on Day A and maybe add a lower body exercise on Day B and just rotate them (squat, pistol, deadlift, kb swing, glute-ham)

I would also do the pushup progression before weighted dips.

wwqll

Well, I changed my routine a lot that last month, I'm able to stay longer into the planche progression and finally able to stay a bit into freestanding handstand. I can go further on the front lever too, and went from newly added bw dips to 20lbs weighted one.

Only thing that didn't evolve are the hspus (can't do full rom) and pullups, still 3x3 with 20 lbs. I just added the back lever, maybe that will help...

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your tips, I'll add leg work and apply what you said.

Blairbob

You don't have to do leg work, but something like a GHR is good core work too. Squats do help you grow.

HSPU as in a full HSPU on parallettes? Yeah, that is gonna take awhile. Start off with box HeSPU or box HSPU on parallettes or just HeSPU on the wall (maybe negatives).