Hello,
I wanted to know what peoples weekly training plans are. Here is how I schedule my gymnastic workouts:
Sunday - off
Monday - tumbling (floor tumbling, tumble track, trampoline, etc.)
Tuesday - high bar, rings, + one arm pull up practice
Wednesday - off
Thursday - tumbling
Friday - pummel horse, parallel bars, + planche work
Saturday - either off or whatever I feel like doing
In short this work out to be:
Sun - off
Mon - tumbling
Tue - strength
Wed - off
Thur - tumbling
Fri - strength
Sat - option
In addition I have a few other moves I am working on that does not fall into any gymnastic category. This includes, Air flares and one arm pull ups.
Rational:
-I prefer to do my tumbling before my strength days because I find it hard to tumble safely when your muscles are very soar from rings, pummel, etc.
-Two days a week of strength may not seem like a lot, but I am a 140lb 5 foot 11 skinny hard gainer and I found that training too much in one area diminishes my progress. (I also read about this in beyond brawn)
What is your training week like? Or if it is not a 7 day week that is fine too. Please explain it.
And if you have any comments or suggestions about mine, I would be glad to hear them.
Thanks guys.