• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Self Dominance

Guest Ido Portal

Coach Sommer

Amazing Prowess

Ido,

That was excellent and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for posting.

Is this exceptional blend of strength, balance and flexibility the norm for capoeira? Or the result of your own unique blend of training?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Guest Ido Portal

Thank you all for your kind words.

Coach, the capoeira world is filled with exceptional abilities, but more relating to technique, reaction -dialogue and error management. (flowing into other options once the ones you originaly chose weren't sucessful)

My work is a reflection of my boredom of the modern capoeira world and trying to bring new artistic spirit into this amazing art-form.

I have been exploring different body-mind systems to do this work for a while and a lot of it is influenced by pushing the physical-mental envelope and then using that potential to do artistic choices.

Stay tuned for more, I will be releasing a lot of different material (acrobatics, capoeira games, handstand work, gymnastics, and more) from my students and my own trainings. I hope you will like what's coming (some of it controversial) as much as you liked this piece.

Ido

Ahh very nice make me want to learn capoeira even more. I've wanted to get into ever since i played tekken as a kid.

New bboy on the block Ido Portal!

Great stuff man, show of strength, balance, flexibility and overall flow, great stuff!

Exceptional Ido, you made every move flow and look effortless, your strength is incredible. I just hope that I can eventually get my strength to even a small percentage of yours.

I love the blend of Capoeira and Gymnastics, also there is a resemblance of Scott Sonnons Flow techniques, all work brilliantly.

Keep up the superb work.

Dougie

There seem to be bboy influences in your style as well Ido. I'm really impressed by the fusion that you created between gymnastics, capoeira and breaking, my compliments!

Guest Ido Portal

For all that are interested in hearing more about my work and what stands behind this clip, I wrote a short piece about it in my blog:

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in staying up to date with my work and get notified when future material is released, please PM with your email and make sure you subscribe to my blog and youtube acount.

The response to the clip was something suprising and I want to thank everyone again here for their kind words. It makes everything even more worth it.

Also a big thank you to Coach Sommer who's support and love influenced my work greatly. Chirstopher, thank you.

Nic Scheelings

Fantastic inspiration Ido,

I love how the gymnastic bodies community is so supportive of each other, keep up the great work

Awesome! Simply awesome.

I loved the general flow of the various moves combined with the static holds. That staddle planche was excellent. So controlled I loved it.

Can't wait for more videos. Keep it up and keep inspiring!

Frodocious, so you will be training with contra mestre Parente if i understand correctly. I met him during the summer he is a very nice guy and i heard that his group in Manchester has a very good and supportive enviroment.

For how long have you been training for?

Yes, I'll be training with Parente, he's a lovely guy and it's a great group. I started training about 3 years ago, but with work and study commiments, I haven't really been able to attend regularly. I'm hoping to start going more often later this year or early next year

Guest Ido Portal

Thanks, Alex.

A Caetano Veloso fan?

His music inspires me to move in ways I could never achieve otherwise. I have been hearing him for over 10 years and still cant get enough...

Ido.

• 1 month later...

Awesome stuff! You've inspired me into taking capoeira classes--and I'm loving it! Inspirational, man--keep up the good work.

• 2 years later...