SSC Rep Question

Started by Daniel Mitchell, March 1, 2012 · 2 Replies · 4,786 Views

Daniel Mitchell

Hailing all you knowledgeable people out there. :)

I have recently started my first ssc (I know finally after all the time I've been on this forum).

I have been doing the static set described "Getting Started Correctly"

Your (beginner) warm up should look like:

60s plank

60s reverse plank

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Parallel Bar support.

60s chin up grip dead hang

Except for the pb support which I don't have some where I can do it at yet.

So for my first test gave me the following numbers with my ssc numbers beside them ( I just divided the times in half)

60s plank/30s ssc time

60s reverse plank/30s ssc time

26s hollow hold/13s ssc time

45s arch hold/22.5s ssc time

26s chin up grip dead hang/13s ssc time

When I do the statics I have been doing each form 3 times,

And what my question is, is that the right way to do it or am I supposed to be doing (say the hollow hold) more times so that I hold it up to a minute collectively?

Does that make sense?

Daniel

P.S. does anyone know the thread Anthony got slizzerdman's post from?

Timothy Chernock

PB Supports can be worked on two chairs if you bend your feet a little.

Daniel Mitchell

Ok Ill keep doing that. but should I keep doing the 50% 3 times or should i increase the ones that don't reach 1 minute?