arch hold ? shoulders?

Started by Chris Cantrell, March 1, 2012 · 2 Replies · 5,724 Views

Chris Cantrell

I recently tested my max hold for the pre reqs just so I could go back latter and compare. I have a onld shoulder injury and on the arch hold I think I could hold my legs and upper body in position for a while, but with my injured shoulder I can only hold that arm up and out infront for about a minute.

For comparison I can dead hang for 1m45s (might be wrong grip, I did it pull up style)

p-bar support 2m

hollow hold 1m (it took me a week or so to get this)

plank 2m30s I think it was my back and legs that got wobbly here.

r. plank 3m30s At 3.5 it was my stomach that was about to give out. I let down to keep from falling down later.

I guess what I am wondering is what aspect of the arch hold is most important? Is it the core stuff? or holding your arms out?

Thanks.

Blairbob

Lower back.

Chris Cantrell

Thanks, I'll need to retest and maybe support my left arm with the right.