Thank you & advice

Started by chunky34, February 25, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,057 Views

chunky34

Hi all.

I've been here since couple of months but really started focusing on gymnastic only since 2 weeks. In my head, I was convinced that I still need weight training or else I would loose everything, from my "strength" to my lean muscle mass. I have a lower back pain due to an injury that is still here (injured myself 5 years ago). However, in the last 2 weeks (when I ditch the weight training altogether), my lower back is already a LOT better.

Only because of that, I already wanted to say thank you to the Coach and his writings and to all contributors to this forum.

I already made good progress. I did a lot of reading in the last 2 weeks and adapt my training program according to what I read. Because of the good progress already, I think my routine fit well for me but I was wondering if any of you would have ideas to make it better according to your knowledge. For your information, I'm 6'6" at 255 lbs right now @ 13% bodyfat. My goal would be to lower it to 8-10% in the next months, but it doesn't have anything to do with training really, mostly diet.

I'm working right now on Flat tuck front lever (15-20 sec max), frog stand (which I just started), L-Sit PB (7-10 sec).

My routine is M-W-S. 3 times a week to start sounded good to me. I rarely trained more than 3 times a week in my weight training routine so to start gymnastic, it didn't make sense to me to increase frequency at the start.

I do 3 FPS every day : FL, PL- L-sit.

On every workout day, I focus on a different FBE for pushing and pulling.

M: push up variation (right now on trx, will work progressively to feet elevated)

FL Row

W: Hand stand push up (started with many books, will decrease the number of book gradually until full ROM)

Pull-up variation

S : Curl variation

Dips variation

FBE are done mainly for 3-4 sets between 3-5 reps. I will keep the same exercises for at least 4-6 weeks according to the steady state training cycle.

I will wait for your inputs. Again, thank you to all. Glad to have found this place. Long term objective : human flag, full ROM handstand, full front lever :D

Coach Sommer

Chunky,

Welcome! You may find it helpful to peruse the training log of GB forum member Erik. He is also 6'6" and is making outstanding progress in his GST (Gymnastic Strength Training™). At the May 2011 GB Seminar, he impressed quite a few people, including myself, with what he had already accomplished in terms of both strength and flexibility by solely following the GB program.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer