Hi, I've been doing the wrist series everyday but my wrists are still a little uncomfortable, I feel some pointy pain right were my thumb begin in the back of my hand but apart from that nothing else. I wonder if working on the false grip could be implemented for building extra strenght in the wrist, if so, should I try to build a 60 second false grip or something like that?
False grip advice
Started by Ivan Pellejero, February 13, 2012 · 5 Replies · 4,605 Views
I suppose that the pain is while you practice handstands. If so how long have you been practicing the wrist pushups?.
Assess if it's a jabbing pain or dull pain.
60s protocol may be something but AFAIK, no one has ever really set protocols for learning false grip. Due them enough, stretch wrists and repeat. The only thing that might apply is many male gymnasts won't be doing rings every day. Every other practice or shorter sessions every day (generally moreso in the beginner levels).
well I don't know what you mean by jabbing, I can describe it like if there was a needle in my wrist, it happened in the past while practicing a lot the handstand, I rested and it went away, I suppose it came out again because of the stress of practicing the planche progressions summarized with the pre req's and the handstand, plus parkour :|. Maybee it sounds worst than it really is because after it warmed up it fades but anyway, it is a sign that something needs to be taken care of. Thanks for the advice in the false grip.
I have another question regarding the false grip. I tried muscle ups on a bar a few days ago and realized my greatest obstacle was holding the false grip. Most of the time i slipped back into a normal grip position. Therefore I am doing false grip rows and holds now. My question is, if "greasing the groove" could help to get faster progression.
Yes, it can. Bare in mind a false grip on a single rail is different than on rings (because of the curved nature).