Need urgent help...

Started by Zingam, February 12, 2012 · 27 Replies · 13,104 Views

Zingam

:D

See, most guys seem to like smaller women but I like them tall like 6 feet at least. There is one big problem though - they tend to weight quite a lot - 154 pounds wouldn't be unexpected.

So what would you recommend to do to gain the strength to get one up and carry her around without breaking myself. And you know most women like that. :D I actually can do it but I'm not convinced that I am strong enough and that I won't get injured some day. So I need to train.

Also they like to show quite often in the movies how a guy carries somebody injured on his back or in his hands for miles. I wonder if that's over-exaggeration or it is possible.

I am serious and I am not joking here. What routine/exercises would you recommend me to improve this type of strength. Death lifts and power cleans would be a good start but what about bodyweight exercises? Well, that doesn't have much to do with gymnastics but I wonder what do you think.

BTW. One last question: A friend of mine claims told me that his girlfriend's father is able to raise his legs at 90 degrees, pull himself up, so that his forearms and shoulders form 90 degrees angle too and stay in that position for 45 minutes. Do you think such feat is possible? I guess the guy is over 50 and he used to be a former performing acrobat.

Razz

In this instance I prefer sports specific training :lol:

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:
In this instance I prefer sports specific training :lol:

I couldn't say it better myself! :twisted:

OP: In a word, sandbags. Start off with 40-50 lbs, curl to upper chest, hoist onto shoulder and start walking. Every so often add 1 cup of sand. You should never really notice a difference in difficulty. Over time this will get to where you are hoisting a 120-150lb sand bag with relative ease. Women are easier to handle than sandbags, having dealt with a number of both in the past :)

Cole Dano

Sandbags cost less in the long run......

Joshua Naterman
Cole Dano said:
Sandbags cost less in the long run......

True, true. :mrgreen::lol:

Razz
Bdk1786 said:
Not so much a fan of the sand texture...

And dryness :lol: :twisted:

Blairbob

How odd.

A gal 6' tall around 150 might actually be built pretty light. Keep that in mind.

newguy5000

My local Gym caters to this exact type of training. Many larger framed women can be often found wandering aimlessly inside its confines. I usually just pull one of these heftier ladies off the dumbell rack and proceed to bench press or overhead press them. Sometimes I deadlift them too but i look for one of the xtra large framed models for this. This also works out the grip really well.

At first i couldn't even carry one of these plus sized ladies off the rack. So i built myself up with Lunch Time Moms (LTM's) coming out of the Pilates class. Once you can bench a LTM then your definitely on your way.

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHAHA!!!

This is the greatest topic ever! You guys are cracking me up!

Lots of great tips in here too.

Adam Bodestyne
newguy5000 said:
My local Gym caters to this exact type of training. Many larger framed women can be often found wandering aimlessly inside its confines. I usually just pull one of these heftier ladies off the dumbell rack and proceed to bench press or overhead press them. Sometimes I deadlift them too but i look for one of the xtra large framed models for this. This also works out the grip really well.

At first i couldn't even carry one of these plus sized ladies off the rack. So i built myself up with Lunch Time Moms (LTM's) coming out of the Pilates class. Once you can bench a LTM then your definitely on your way.

I just burst out laughing at work (quickly disguised as a coughing fit) at this.

Blairbob

Did anything think about why the OP said this was urgent.

My only thoughts is he was gonna have a date with a tall gal fairly soon.

To note just because I could overhead press decent weight in HS and nowadays doesn't necessarily mean you can do with a female. It's quite tricky really even with girls way less than your overhead press, especially as they get longer.

Alvaro

Of course you must make the choice, slow grinding woman elevation or the power oriented girl throw... (eventually you will have to choose for which one you are training for)

As always just be progressive in your approach to this kind of exercice, good form is paramount, here you can see some girl power snatch with a partner(not perfect form unfortunately)

Y44lWRov2W4

Here you have a manthrow( women excel at this), exquisite technique of course (one of the best man throwers that have existed) you can admire the clean technique (the concentration phase is amazing) and power of the throw...(she used to compete on the scumbag weight class, and trained for daily max, 7 days a week)

DXBgwKwTfI0

charlieborro
slizzardman said:
Women are easier to handle than sandbags

I wish this was true!!! :D Anyway this made my day :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Most basic rule in training is progression: first start with a light lady, stick in for a SCC for about 8-12 weeks, and when you'll be ready, improve your lift with a heavier gal...the best thing is that motivation will help a lot! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Happy training,

Charlie

Razz

w3b2siAy5hs

Problem solved! :D

Cole Dano

I think Coach Sommer is missing a powerful marketing avenue here.

Alvaro

Yep that Jersey guys are hard core woman lifters :D .

Zingam

Hi, Guys... great ideas! :D Maybe I have to make myself a sandgirl. I am just worried what would people think then they see me carrying around a sandgirl. :lol:

charlieborro said:
slizzardman said:
Women are easier to handle than sandbags

I wish this was true!!! :D Anyway this made my day :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Most basic rule in training is progression: first start with a light lady, stick in for a SCC for about 8-12 weeks, and when you'll be ready, improve your lift with a heavier gal...the best thing is that motivation will help a lot! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Happy training,

Charlie

12 weeks?!? :D Don't have that much time! :D I cannot postpone it any longer... :oops: I have to meet my destiny pretty soon :lol:

Michael Traynor

Weird post.

My High School Sweatheart was 6 foot 2, she didn't like being picked up at all. She prefer to compete as she was used to being on equal terms with men. Have dated tall women?

Quick Start Test Smith

Hahaha!

Joshua Naterman

Zingam, are you perhaps Japanese (and possibly cell shaded)?

Zingam

No, I am European 101%... that little continent attached to Asia, where we use that strange metric system and drive on the right side of the road. Weird place!

Breaks said:
Weird post.

My High School Sweatheart was 6 foot 2, she didn't like being picked up at all. She prefer to compete as she was used to being on equal terms with men. Have dated tall women?

Luckily for me, most women around here still prefer being women.

Samuel Carr

What kind of bag can you use to add cups of sand in without it ripping from the lobsided weight and from gripping it?

Joshua Naterman
Zingam said:
No, I am European 101%... that little continent attached to Asia, where we use that strange metric system and drive on the right side of the road. Weird place!
Breaks said:
Weird post.

My High School Sweatheart was 6 foot 2, she didn't like being picked up at all. She prefer to compete as she was used to being on equal terms with men. Have dated tall women?

Luckily for me, most women around here still prefer being women.

Hahaha, me...trick? Is that a play on words? 8)

No offense, I just had a few anime flashbacks during this thread.

Element: I just use quart sized ziplocks and put a cup per bag. If you want them to really be sturdy, duct tape them! They won't break. Although, I was just thinking to put a cup of loose sand in, and do the bend and wrap method of closure. Good commercial sandbags have this closure system built in.

Blairbob

I really need to enable plugins when I'm on the forums sometimes. I totally missed all the videos before the JersheyShore lifting vid.

Apparently, I must have missed reading nearly all of the posts on the first page. Nearly fell out of my chair when I did. :P

Cole Dano

Oly Lifting great Glenn Pendlay just posted this thread on his facebook page. This is much closer to his speciality, now there could be some really good advice!