Two questions on handstand and planche

Started by seiyafan, February 12, 2012 · 26 Replies · 11,294 Views

Zingam

Very well said! Thanks. :)

I'll try to remember that well.

Edit: In conjunction with the stretching recommendation above: When you say: "Do 15-30 minutes of daily stretching". Do you mean I should do 15-30 of stretching only for my back/hamstrings/waist, etc whatever it is called or that would be a full body stretching routine?

Joshua Naterman

The stretching refers to the specific areas you need the most improvement in. For general flexibility, you're mostly looking at maintenance. I would focus on pike and straddle pike, 10-15 minutes each and I would also work on upper back mobility for a similar amount of time. It is important to treat this as a part of your fitness, because if you don't have the ability to hold a proper shape and move through a full range of motion you will have a very difficult time making good progress and you will run into a very real limit to the ability you can gain.