PreR met and training plan

Started by kazeboom, February 11, 2012 · 9 Replies · 2,761 Views

kazeboom

Here are the PreR that I can do and the plan I started. I'm wondering if I have too many exercises though. You will see in my routine that I have 1 set of incline pushups for max reps (leaning on waist high counter top). I know this has nothing to do with gymnastics training but I am doing this for my own personal goal of wanting to build up the endurance to one day do 100 regular horizontal pushups. It's just something that I have always wanted to accomplish.

Prerequisites met still need HH and AH

Plank 60sec

Reverse Plank 60sec

Dead hangs pro/sup 60sec

PB support 60sec

HeS 60sec

Here are the exercises I plan to do - Four days M/T/R/F

M/R

Stretch

Stretch legs/wrists

Warmup

Plank 30sec

Revers plank 30sec

Dead hangs 30sec

PB 30sec

FSP

L-sit

HH

AH

Frogstand

HS

Planche leans

Endurance

Incline pushups 1 set max

FBE performed as a circuit

Pushups

Pullups

Legs

HLL

Last

HeS (dont ask me why but I just like doing head stands at the end for some reason. Maybe because I like spending time on it)

T/F

Stretch

Stretch legs/wrists

Warmup

Plank 30sec

Revers plank 30sec

Dead hangs 30sec

PB 30sec

FSP

L-sit

HH

AH

Frogstand

HS

Planche leans

Endurance

Incline pushups 1 set max

FBE performed as a circuit

Dips

Horizontal pullups (soon to be XR horizontal pull ups, prob buy them next week)

Legs

HLL

Last

HeS (dont ask me why but I just like doing head stands at the end for some reason. Maybe because I like spending time on it)

Feel free to let me know if I will hurting my progression with this.

Blairbob

Do your endurance pushups at the very end.

Just split up your arch and hollow hold to meet that 60s of volume. I'd reccomend more but it's your routine. 2-5 sets and scale the progressions to make them easier (do the hollow in a ball tuck or the arch with bent legs back if necessary and arms by side).

kazeboom
Blairbob said:
Do your endurance pushups at the very end.

Just split up your arch and hollow hold to meet that 60s of volume. I'd reccomend more but it's your routine. 2-5 sets and scale the progressions to make them easier (do the hollow in a ball tuck or the arch with bent legs back if necessary and arms by side).

All of the FSP I am splitting up to get 60s. Example for the L-sit I'm doing 10/6s, Frogstand 3/20s. I will start doing the hollow and arch in the techniques you describe.

The FBE's I was doing 3 sets. What do you mean "scale the progressions"?

Are you saying you would recommend more exercises? I'm fine with doing more. But thought that I already had too many. How man more exercises should I add and which ones? I will move my endurance pushups to the end.

Bdk1786 said:
Don't forget shoulder stretches/mobilization.

Could you give me some examples. I would like some kind if shoulder stretch/mobilization to get me ready for German hangs.

Blairbob
The FBE's I was doing 3 sets. What do you mean "scale the progressions"?

For you FBE strength work, 3-5 sets is fine.

If you want some hypertrophy, I would try bumping up to at least 5 sets if not more.

It could almost be argued of skipping SSC for FBE (since SSC uses 50% anyways) for GVT but GVT is a hard program from what I've heard.

Zingam
kazeboom said:
Here are the PreR that I can do and the plan I started. I'm wondering if I have too many exercises though. You will see in my routine that I have 1 set of incline pushups for max reps (leaning on waist high counter top). I know this has nothing to do with gymnastics training but I am doing this for my own personal goal of wanting to build up the endurance to one day do 100 regular horizontal pushups. It's just something that I have always wanted to accomplish.

How many sets do you plan to do? It also appears to me that you want to train everything every day. Does it make any sense?

kazeboom

@blair I will change to the 5 sets then. I may even try the GVH. But I think going to do a 3 days a week M/W/F.

@Zing For the FSB's yes I was wanting to train them M/T/R/F. Sets would be different for each one but no more than a total of 60 sec. i.e. L-sits 10/6sec, frogstand 4/15sec, etc. For the FBE's it was 3 sets for each exercise, pushups and pullups on M/R then dips and rows on T/F. Legs was going to be everyday but a different exercise each time, squats, lunges and deadlifts. Is this what you were asking? To me it makes sense, however that's why I posted it up so if it was wrong somebody could tell me.

But like I said to blair. I will change to the 5 sets and maybe even the GVH. But I'm going to have to change to a 3-day week plan for that. The 4 day plan last week was a little rough as I also do other physical activities besides bodyweight training 3 times a week.

Blairbob

I say try the 5 sets but if it's too much, go back to 3. As a newbie, don't trash yourself. Hell, maybe one max rep set after 3 worksets.

I wouldn't do GVT+ FSP/isometric work. Just use it a standalone program. It's a friggn' bear of a program especially in the later weeks.

3d/week is fine if you are doing other activities. Trying 4 may be asking for too much. It asks for a lot.

I've recently found out that the back to back days are much harder than MWF can be. Sort of forgot. MWF, I feel fresh. Back to back and I feel fine but performance shows it to not be.

kazeboom

Actually the 3 set work I was doing was fairly easy easy. I was limiting it to 3 though because I was doing the 4 day plan. The 5 sets should push me good and the GVH would really push me. I'm not 100% new to working out although I am when it comes to this gymnastics type training. I lifted weight when I was younger and on and off through out the years. And even when I was moving iron I have always been in to pushups.

So are you saying if i do the GVH then to knock out FSP's all togther? Or just don't do FSP's on GVH days? I really want to do FSP's because my primary goal is to develop the strength and balance so I can move on to hand balancing skills, PB skills, manna, planche, rings etc.

Blairbob

If you're gonna do GVT, just do GVT and that's it. Stick to one program. Don't try to work Isometric FSP work + GVT. That's dumb. GVT is fine for the first week or two but totally sucks at the end of it's cycle. Offhand, I remember it as being a 4day/week program roughly.

Since you want to do gymnastics skill work, do your FSP isometric work followed by 3-5 sets of FBE strength work.

The only reason I could see doing GVT is doing it as a cycle before FSP+FBE programming such as SSC, Killroy70, 1FBE per body part/day, or whatever else is in BtGB. Doing it for one cycle before moving on to gymnastics programming. My friend did GVT with FBE's, not weights so that's my take on it since I talked with him about every day while he did it.

kazeboom

If I did GVT it would be with FBE's. But I did not not know that FSP and GVT did not go together. Your right it was a 4 day week program that I posted.

But I'll do the FSP work followed by 5 sets of FBE work as you suggested. And will probably change to a 3 day/week plan.

Thanks