unexpected effect from prereqs.

Started by Chris Cantrell, February 8, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,231 Views

Chris Cantrell

I first read the btgb about a year ago, have been watching this site off and on since, and about two months ago I built myself a highbar, some pbars, cleaned out the attic to use as a gym, etc.

About two weeks ago I decided to start at the beginning with the prerequisites. From about the second day on doing the prerequisites has caused me to have soreness (nothing major) in my calves. It even appears as if there is some growth going on in my calves too.

What about the PRQ's could possibly be working my calves?

Quick Start Test Smith

It could be the hollow hold. I point my toes really hard when I do the HH and I could see that causing DOMS if my calves weren't already used a lot.

Aaron Griffin
Bdk1786 said:
Probably general tightness when pointing toes during body tension. When i first started doing BLs, sometimes my calf would cramp up due to what seemed like over tightening in my body. It will pass with time. Make sure to stretch and warm up a lil before hitting the pre reqs too.

Yeah, I've gotten calf cramps in a handstand before. Such a bad time for a cramp...

Blairbob

It's due to tightening up the calves in toe point. I've actually slightly pulled my calves in long holds before. Not fun. Generally only superman hold ever does it.