MPPu - Pullovers

Started by Chrisname, February 3, 2012 · 4 Replies · 3,368 Views

Chrisname

My current set-up is a pair of rings and a doorway pull-up bar (one of the frame-like ones, not a telescopic one). I'm doing the killroy70 template (I started on Monday) and I've realised I can't do the pullovers. I can't do a muscle up for one thing, and for another, even if I could get into the top position, my bar won't allow me to roll over it like you're supposed to; the door frame gets in the way. I can't see a way of doing it on rings, so for now, I'm pretty stuck.

How can I overcome this problem, or should I substitute for something else?

Aaron Griffin

In general, it's not recommended for beginners to do the multiplane work right away. Stick with 3 planes, and eventually replace various things with MP or CPP work as you get stronger

Chrisname
phrak said:
In general, it's not recommended for beginners to do the multiplane work right away. Stick with 3 planes, and eventually replace various things with MP or CPP work as you get stronger

Oh ok. I'll just work on static holds today then.

Blairbob

Well, I guess you could sort of do a bent arm pull in tucked legs. We have a low ceiling that even if I got my hips to the bar, my feet or knees would hit the ceiling.

So I guess you could try a Yewki maybe if you're strong enough.

Honestly, since you have a set of rings I would work some form of MU. A negative MU with false grip L-pullups or a body row MU+ring dip (even assisted).

Chrisname
Blairbob said:
Well, I guess you could sort of do a bent arm pull in tucked legs. We have a low ceiling that even if I got my hips to the bar, my feet or knees would hit the ceiling.

So I guess you could try a Yewki maybe if you're strong enough.

Honestly, since you have a set of rings I would work some form of MU. A negative MU with false grip L-pullups or a body row MU+ring dip (even assisted).

I think what I'll do is I'll wait until I'm strong enough for the multiplane stuff, and then I'll go to the gym on Fridays to do it. The gym near me is council-owned, so you only pay a sign-up fee and then £3 per visit, there's no monthly fee.