FSP Question

Started by Joshua Beeston, January 30, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,252 Views

Joshua Beeston

Would it be more beneficial to lessen the intensity and do them pre-reqs/statics 6 times a week with one day of high intensity or the standard moderate intensity 4 times a week?

Blairbob

Well, if you run a SSC you can work them 4-5 days week, but you are only working at 50% of max intensity.

I've run SSC only 2d/week and still improved after a cycle but I was doing something a bit interesting on the other 2 days (ring strength).

I know of a friend who did moderate intensity (50%) 2d/week and something more along the lines of 65-85% 2d/week. I'd have to dig up the original post he did and it isn't on here.

Cole Dano

Like BlairBob said above, it depends on the intensity.

For myself, if i do them at a higher intensity twice a week is where i progress. More than that an fatigue is an issue.

At 50% intensity every day is no problem.

I think it also depends on what your intentions are. For a warm up, i find that the 50% rule works quite well.

However if you want to progress with a particular FSP, at least with the pre-req's upping the intensity is fine, i feel better with it. Honestly for those who know the full pre-req it's no joke. (seminar attendees for now, but the second edition will change that) I'm still hammering through. It is absolutely worth it.

I also don't in anyway believe there is only one way to approach these. For example, for me personally they havent' a super high priority. Largely because of doing intense yoga for so many years, i put more emphasis on the FBE's simply because i know they are more of a weak link for me, and i'm happy to start doing things that aren't as static.

Now that the FBE's are showing improvement, i'm getting back to FSP's and have a certain program i'm attempting to work through.