Hello,
I've almost finished reading BtGB and it's been an amazing read. I love working out using calisthenics and would like to further do so, but implement some gymnastic type movements. I would love to be able to teach myself gymnastics. I'm 13 years old and have been working out on and off for 2 years, and have been seriously into it for the past 4-6 months. I have been basing most of my routines off of Ross Enamait's Never Gymless. It's an amazing book that stresses conditioning. Some of my stats are: Earlier today I did the plank, reverse plank, arch hold, hollow hold, PB support position, and chin up hang all for 60 seconds. I also timed my floor L-sit about 10 minutes ago, I got 30 seconds. Non-gymnastic wise, I can perform a max of 14 pull ups, probably around 15 ring dips, and I recently completed 125 pull ups, 125 hindu pushups, 125 chinnies each side, and 250 hindu squats in 36 minutes using the deck of cards method.
I have been doing Taekwondo since was 4, and train on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 90 minutes each. I would like to be able to continue doing seperate conditioning workouts along with max strength/gymnastic workouts. On the strength days, I would implement 3-5 sets and 3-5 reps. Here is an idea I had:
Monday: Pull up variation, push up variation, curl variation, pistol variation
Tuesday: HSPU variation, row variation, dip variation, GHR variation
Wednesday: Conditioning
Thursday: Repeat Monday
Friday: Repeat Tuesday
Saturday: Conditioning
Sunday: Rest
I would most likely work static stuff 4-6 days a week, working all the ones I am working towards at once. (Right now, I'd probably only work on L-sits, Straddles, and the german hangs to work up to back levers)
How does this routine sounds, and how would you recommend I go about stretching (how many days, for how long, what exercises)?
Thanks,
Sam