Hello and a quick thanks to everyone

Started by Chris Haldeman, January 28, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,554 Views

Chris Haldeman

New to gymnastics and new to this site. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the great info. Had a bunch of questions, but the stickies cleared them up.

I'm an above average size guy (6'1 240lbs) so I imagine things are going to be a bit difficult for me. But that's good. I'm looking forward to this new type of training. I did a lot of powerlifting and strongman type training in the past. But the last 3 months of last year, I did strictly bodyweight movements, and I liked it a lot.

In the beginning of 2011, I was 280lbs, but I spent a year in Brazil (along with no car) and managed to lose 40lbs by the end of the year when it wasn't even a goal of mine. So now I'm going to try my hand at gymnastics.

Anyway, thanks everyone and glad I found this place. So much great information here. Keep up the good work!

Muddy

Good luck buddy. I'm starting when my injury has healed. I'm 6'3", look forward to it. Come from a similar background as well

Chris Haldeman

Thanks. Good luck to you to and hope there are no issues when you come back.