Hey, Ive got the book and Ive been reading up on this for a few days now. I wanted to see if I was understanding everything correctly, If I am then that is great, if not I would appreciate any advice. I am actually injured right now so I cannot start this but I have been trying to get my head around this.
So I have a rough outline for how I want my workout to be. 4 days per week. This is based on the kilroy70 template.
- Warmup involving some cardio and some dynamic stretches
- Joint preparation, elbows, wrist etc
- Fundamental Static Positions
There are 4 areas. L sit, Planche, Front Lever, Back lever. I do the relevant scaling down and do these every workout (4x week). Follow a Solid State Cycle. I'm pretty sure I get this part. You use 50% of your max hold for sets and you try to make the time up to 60s in total. Lasts from 6-12 weeks before you tes your new max.
- Fundamental Bodyweight Exercises
Day 1 - Horizontal Pulling and Pushing
Day 2 - Leg and Core
Day 3 - Pullup and Headstand press up
Day 4 - Curling and Dipping
For legs I plan on doing barbell squats 3x5. The reason for this is that barbell squats are my favourite exercise and I cannot imagine a workout routine without them. I enjoy them a lot.
I was wondering whether you use SSC for this or not? I saw somebody say to work towards 5x5, so maybe you can only do 3x3 at the start but then you start working towards 5x5 and once you can do 5x5 comfortably you move onto a harder variation is this correct?
One other question I have is how many exercises do you do for each category? So on day 1 do you do 1 Horizontal Pulling exercise and 1 horizontal pushing exericse? You do 5x5 of each and then that is this portion of the workout completed?
- Mobility and handstand work
- Flexibility
I see the coach says do 1 serious stretching session per week and then start to introduce more stretching sessions. However should you do smaller stretching sessions after every workout as well?
Would it be ok to do 2 of these shorter stretching sessions per day?
I greatly appreciate any advice, comments, suggestions. Thank you