Hi Guys. New to GB.
Background is bodybuilding since i was about 16, 21 now. Admittedly nt all of these years have been constructive or effective, as there was alot of trial and error going on there. Ive built a good strength base, some of which, hopefully, will have some degree of carry over into progressing in the gym moves i plan to undertake. I am, however, fully aware that moving a weight represents a different challenge on the muscle than alot of the leverage based movements.
My aim is still aesthetical hypertrophy, and i hope to achieve this by incorporating a variety of the gymnastic movement progressions into my usual workout routine (probably adapted to allow for the extra volume and CNS load.) i hope this strategy does not offend any of the more 'pure' bodyweight/gymnastic trainer, and feedback as to the feasability of such a programme from some of you more experienced guys would be appreciated.
I have read through alot of the forum stickies and decided to take advice id seen around and start very basic with the prerequisites. Currently i am incorporated a small 30 minute extra workout later in the day after a usual workout or on rest days.
( I have only done so twice, just to get started, but felt i should check my routine and plans here before continuing down a possibly flawed path)
Currently it is simply:
warmup:
60 second plank ( with different wrist positions throughout)
60 second reverse plank
60 second hollow
60 second arch
2x30 second underhand hang
20x30 second inverted hang
I then proceed to do 6 circuits (60s total for each) of
L-sit from floor 10 s
PL lean 10 s (lean until moderate bicep tendon strain)
Tuck FL 10s
German hang 10s
This does not take me to failure, physical or technical. I tried frog stand instead of PL lean but had neither the balance nor elbow conditioning required to support my weight (approx 185 at approx 8% bf).
Does this seem like a reasonable foundation routine?
I would also like to know how those of you in the UK got hold of your XR's. Are there any UK suppliers? Or did you simply pay the $55 shipping fee? Seems un-natural to pay more than the product price in shipping.
I look forward to hearing from anyone with advice, and thankyou all in advance for the gains and progress i am going to make.