What should I do if I can't do the first variation?

Started by Chrisname, January 24, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,207 Views

Chrisname

I just got my rings today, which was pretty awesome, and I thought I'd practice on them this week before starting the killroy70 template on Monday.

The thing is, I can't do the inverted chin-up. I can invert myself and hold myself straight but I don't quite have the strength to pull myself up.

Should I practice static positions or just keep trying every workout until I get a full rep?

Timothy Chernock

I think Slizzardman's video is a good place to start. p-8izkNkcBw

Chrisname
palleon86 said:
I think Slizzardman's video is a good place to start. p-8izkNkcBw

Okay, I'll try that, thanks.

I can almost do the inverted chin-up, just not with full ROM (I can do maybe 1/2).

Vincent Stoyas

Definitely do some incline curls. This video is actually really good, never saw this one before. Inverted curls require extreme amounts of strength.

Chrisname

Thanks Vincearoo, I will start with incline curls then.

Falcon

What do you think is full ROM of this exercise? Bendning the elbows close to 90 degrees is as far as you're probably going to get. Full ROM curl would be IMO up to shoulderstand, but I don't worry about these :D

Chrisname
Falcon said:
What do you think is full ROM of this exercise? Bendning the elbows close to 90 degrees is as far as you're probably going to get. Full ROM curl would be IMO up to shoulderstand, but I don't worry about these :D

Oops, didn't see this until now :)

My hands move about 3-4 inches, so that my knuckles are roughly in line with my hips, so it's nowhere near 90 degrees :P