Going back to Pre-Reqs?

Started by 305pelusa, January 23, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,851 Views

305pelusa

Hello everyone!

I've been doing Tuck Pl, Tuck Fl, Bl work and all that for a few months now. Unfortunately, now I'm starting to realize that I need more work on the basic body positions (arch rocks, hollow rocks, holds, all that).

Now, I can hold a hollow and arch hold correctly for more than 1 min. I can even do 3x60s. But on the rocks, I definitely need more work (and I know I could improve my form a bit on the holds).

So, yes, I'm going back to work on these pre-reqs. HOWEVER, my question is if I should drop all the Tuck Pl, Tuck Fl and Adv. Tuck Bl work from my routine until I master those. Or should I just INCORPORATE the pre-req work? Maybe twice a week do the FSP progressions and some easy pre-req work, and twice a week al lot of pre-req work and no FSPs?

What about the L-sit? Should I drop that one? I was doing it 4 times a week, but I don't know anymore jaja

Thanks!

305pelusa
Bdk1786 said:
You should just incorporate the pre req work. No sense in dropping your current progress. L sit should be done with your pl,BL,fl, as it is. I will usually run my pre req work in the mornings with my cardio, then WODs in the evening. Your solid foundation of your current work is something to be further advanced and by no means should be dropped because of a weakened pre req. just work on it as your would anything else in your warm up /workout.

Oh all right. Sounds great then! I'll have those mini-sessions at other times of the day, so as not to inflate the time of my workout too much.

Thanks for the help!