This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120123

Started by Coach Sommer, January 23, 2012 · 14 Replies · 1,980 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

10 – Naners

2 – Front Pulls

5 – Tuck FL Rows

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) The Tuck FL Rows should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Alvaro

4x

-2 negative tuck Front Pull

-8 negative tuck Front Pull (first round), 6 negative tuck FP (2º and as I noticed this wasn´t a good trend I substituted again),then 10 and 10 Front Lever Pulls on lat pull down machine, with something like 25 kilos(it seems like rehab but they are hard when embedded with the rest of exercises). That way I was able to attain that 10 reps)

-2 neg tuck Front Pull

- 5 Rows with legs on the ground

-2 neg tuck Front Pull

-10 rope pull ups with legs on the ground (Yes that weak :oops: ).

At the end I was barely able to finish the reps but I did, so mission accomplished!.

Rikke Olsen

It's kind of annoying; it seems my grip is what suffers the most. I feel it totally takes away focus from all my other working body parts :|

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8044

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 4 rounds/Rx'd Rests

2 – Body Levers(Straddle)

8 – Pull ups(4 Pallet Band)

2 – Body Levers(Straddle)

8 – Body Rows(Slightly lower than usual, probably around [degrees]160[/degrees])

2 – Body Levers(Straddle)

1 – 10 Towel Rows(almost standing)

Notes:

-Everything really good today, including pre-reqs.

-Scaling back to Body Levers instead of Neg. Tuck Front Pulls really helped, as that usually kills my grip/forearms, making all the rest of the pulling very difficult. This let me focus a bit more on slowing down with the pull ups and rows.

Josh Schmitter
Bissen said:
It's kind of annoying; it seems my grip is what suffers the most. I feel it totally takes away focus from all my other working body parts :|

Ha, just read this after I posted. For me, I try to focus on the long term; that if I don't fix the grip strength now, it won't matter how much stronger I get with all the rest of the movement. You're only as strong as the weakest link...I think that might have been said somewhere before :).

Philip Papandrea

Complete four rounds:

2 – front pull tuck with momentum

10 – body rows feet elevated

2 – front pull tuck with momentum

5 – pullups

2 – Front Pull tuck with momentum

1 – 10 towel row with feet on ground.

Do you think its more beneficial to scale the WOD down like this or would I be better off just doing a pullup program like slizzardmans or some pullup ladders on pulling WOD day. My max pullups is about 10. I want to improve my pulling stregth but i'm not sure which will work better since I always have to substitute anything high rep with rows. Thanks

Phil

Alvaro

What I do is keeping the Pull day of the wods as it is and then add another day of the slizzard pull up template at a leg day( maybe friday?) . If there is no WOD pulling day that week I perform 2 of the slizzard's ( monday -thursday). I have been making steady improvements each week, like 2 or 3 more total pullups/week. It works for me, I don't think I can increase the volume to 3 times a week( by the moment ! :twisted: ).

For the record I begun 3 months ago with a total of 15 pull ups, this past week I was at 33, and most of the weeks I only performed one session ( wod included).

Philip Papandrea

I'll have to see if my body can handle that especially on weeks where there are a few upperbody workouts in a row. That is a pretty impressive increase in numbers. Interesting though that even though you can do 33 pullups in a row it doesn't necessarily equate to making it through the WOD's any easier without some serious scaling. I was thinking if my pullup numbers went up the WOD's might be easier. Have you found this to be the case?

Alvaro

Hehe no sorry I didn' t explain properly, I am talking about total pullups, in a work out(that is the way I'm messuring the improvements) ! That is : I am trying to get 4x10 pull ups. It's not Impresive at all :oops: , but I am advancing even the weeks I only train once(due to job, family....)

Josh Schmitter
PhilipP said:
Complete four rounds:

2 – front pull tuck with momentum

10 – body rows feet elevated

2 – front pull tuck with momentum

5 – pullups

2 – Front Pull tuck with momentum

1 – 10 towel row with feet on ground.

Do you think its more beneficial to scale the WOD down like this or would I be better off just doing a pullup program like slizzardmans or some pullup ladders on pulling WOD day. My max pullups is about 10. I want to improve my pulling stregth but i'm not sure which will work better since I always have to substitute anything high rep with rows. Thanks

Phil

I think you can do either way. Omegant has some good suggestions w/ Slizz's routine. If you choose that route, I believe Slizz recommends starting with 1 a week, then upping to 2 eventually. I imagine you have the thread since you referenced it. I am just going straight WOD, no matter how much scaling needs to be done. Progress will be made. Personally I use bands when the reps are too high, so I can do the actual plane of the rx'd movement, as being able to measure progress by using 1 less band.

Alex Solis

I've got a friend that can't even do pullovers. What's a good, easier substitute for pullovers?

Josh Schmitter
3runMX said:
I've got a friend that can't even do pullovers. What's a good, easier substitute for pullovers?

Ha, is that friend me? I can do them, but not for rx'd reps most of the time. I have just been breaking up horizontal and vertical planes evenly lately. There is also this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4466#p34941

Tyler Schmitz

WOD:

4 rounds:

2 front pull (adv tuck/tuck) *

10 naners

*repeat

5 tuck fl row

*repeat

10-14 towel pull up in straddle

rested 30 sec bet each exercise and 3 min bet each round

-naners and front pulls got tough on last round!

Ivan Uzarevic1
TANSTAAFL said:
3runMX said:
I've got a friend that can't even do pullovers. What's a good, easier substitute for pullovers?

Ha, is that friend me? I can do them, but not for rx'd reps most of the time. I have just been breaking up horizontal and vertical planes evenly lately. There is also this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4466#p34941

Tnx for the link!! Very helpful tips! I´ll try tucked pullovers on XR tomorrow and let you know how it feels!!

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 4 rounds/Rx'd Rests

2 – Body Levers

10 Chin ups - tucked L (10 Chins at 1st round; 2nd, 3rd and 4th round I did 5 or 6 Chins and then continued doing "them" on Lat machine with 60kg)

2 – Body Levers

5 Bent arm rows with barbell + 10 kg

2 – Body Levers

10 Towell pull ups (8 at 1st round; 6 at 2nd, 4 at 3rd and 3 at 4th round; when I couldn´t do them more on the bar I continued doing "them" on Lat machine on which I put towell; with 60kg)

notes: I tried doing "tucked XR pullovers" but I couldn´t push up to support so I decided to do 10 Chins instead..I combined my pulling work with Lat machine in order to achieve rx´d number of repetitions..was that good idea?? anyone done something similar??