Greeting from Savannah, GA!

Started by riot, January 20, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,750 Views

riot

I found this site while researching strength training to compliment my aerial work. I'm an aerialist (aerial silks, corde lisse, and some lyra), but I did gymnastics years ago. That training helped me walk right into aerial, but I need some work. This site provides so much training information, it's just amazing. I'm so glad I found it.

Right now, I'm working on perfecting my front meat hook and I'm trying to get the back/reverse meat hooks. I look forward to creeping on your forums!

Blairbob

Interesting, I'll have to look what a front and rear meathook is though I have an idea of what a rear meathook might be. There was an aerialist who used to come to the gym at Berkeley every once in awhile who tried to show me.

I had a helluva time with it as I couldn't get the compression I think that was necessary. Note, that I was trying it on the rings.

Quick Start Test Smith

Welcome to the forums, riot. Meat hooks sound quite gruesome... lol

Philip Chubb

A front one is like a front lever but with your feet to the side. And hello riot. I love circus work as well and am trying to get into corde lisse too! As well as straps and hand balancing. Nice to have you on the forum.

riot
Blairbob said:
Interesting, I'll have to look what a front and rear meathook is though I have an idea of what a rear meathook might be. There was an aerialist who used to come to the gym at Berkeley every once in awhile who tried to show me.

I had a helluva time with it as I couldn't get the compression I think that was necessary. Note, that I was trying it on the rings.

Here's a video of a guy doing a reverse/back meat hook by rolling up from the ground (go to the 0:30 mark):

(Not sure if I'm doing this correctly...)

Reverse meat hooks are the devil.

Quick Start Test Smith
riot said:
Blairbob said:
Interesting, I'll have to look what a front and rear meathook is though I have an idea of what a rear meathook might be. There was an aerialist who used to come to the gym at Berkeley every once in awhile who tried to show me.

I had a helluva time with it as I couldn't get the compression I think that was necessary. Note, that I was trying it on the rings.

Here's a video of a guy doing a reverse/back meat hook by rolling up from the ground (go to the 0:30 mark):

(Not sure if I'm doing this correctly...)

Reverse meat hooks are the devil.

Here, riot: just put the "3uzTq-ANWS8" at the end of "

" in the brackets.

3uzTq-ANWS8

riot

Thank you, Patrick!