Hello
Some time ago (after recovering from injured knee) i decided to start my parkour/freerunning training from the beginning using gymnastic progresions. I read through most of the "skill development" section and progressed quite quickly (Mainly thanks to Blairbob and his tips here and there). Now i got most of the basic rolls, cartwheels etc. But i'm kinda stuck on some points:
- Fulltwist dive roll: I really like this skill but it seems to be impossible for me to do it correctly. I've been studying soviet gymnasts (
-"Russian lift" front flip. I don't know if that is a correct name for it. It is a frontflip with hands going up and behind you, i saw it a lot in older (-80s) floor routines but again, i have a lot of problems learning it. I understand that hands must generate height but i have a problem with coordinating motion so usually i end up pushing up with my shoulders instead of arms (wich is OK and i can rotate it well, but it is not exactly what i want). Again, it there any progression i missed or drill i can use or is it just matter of training? There is a lot of clips of it on youtube but most of the people seems to be having same problem as me (they are swinging the arms but not using them to generate lift) and i don't quite get the "Gogoladze feeling" from watching it. (I first saw this flip performed by Vladimir Gogoladze 1988 in Seoul. He seemed so relaxed but generated massive amount of height)
Thats quite it, I will be glad for any tips.
Thank you