New member’s routine for critique

Started by Garrett Peterson, January 14, 2012 · 1 Replies · 4,138 Views

Garrett Peterson

Hello everyone,

My name is Sambhu, (pronounced Shambu). I would like to first of all THANK Coach Sommer, for teaching your knowledge to others and dedicating your life to the health and wellbeing of others. Also a huge thanks to all the moderators of this forum, for all your hard work and dedication. And last to all the practitioners who add to the forum and keep it going. Keep it up everyone, I love this stuff.

Here is what I am currently doing based on what I’ve learned, my level of fitness makes this a bit challenging, but only a bit. Been doing it for 4 weeks now. I will post photos and videos as well in the near future.

Please give any feedback, I’m new to this, here’s my routine.

1.) 2 minute jump rope or other similar warm up

2.) 15 min general stretching (2x a week full stretching - 2+ hours)

3.) wrist series DAILY

4.) static holds:

2X30 sec plank (legs suspended at shoulder width)

2X30 sec reverse plank (legs suspended at shoulder width)

2X30 sec handstand

2X30 sec PB support hold

3X20 sec arch hold

4X15 sec hollow hold

4X15 sec dead chin-up hang

5.) FBE (All performed 3X3 as slowly as capable, arranged push with pull and leg with core)

4 days a week, usually M, T, TH, FRI.

Day 1:

push ups - rows / deck squats - v’up tuck

Day 2:

dips - pullups / SLS neg - HLL

Day 3:

handstand pushups - chinups / sumo squats - archups

Day 4:

Chest Roll headstand - pullovers / natural leg curls - windshield wipers

6.) again light stretching

THANKS!

Garrett Peterson

Any coaches / trainers in AUSTRALIA that has a similar training views or studied with Coach S. in seminars?

My fitness goals in order of priority:

1. foundational functional strength with an emphasis on joint health and flexibility

2. Dynamic and static strength, emphasis on core and balance, that will aid me in grappling sports

3. In the future I would like to progress with more gymnastic and tumbling training.

Additional goal is to lower body fat percent and add lean muscle mass.