Confused about killroy template

Started by Chrisname, January 2, 2012 · 3 Replies · 3,601 Views

Chrisname

When I get my rings I'm going to start doing the killroy template (until then I'm doing some static holds that I can do without rings), but I'm slightly confused.

Firstly, I made a spreadsheet but I'm not sure if it's right.

1Jhlu.png

The "Current step" column in both cases is just the variation of the exercise in the Exercise column (from the book). The other columns should be self-explanatory. I left some space to add extra exercises if necessary (legs & core, once I figure out where they're going to go).

Secondly, if I do that routine, is it as simple as doing the exercises each day, and then progressing when I reach the goal setsxreps or goal time? I read about the SSC but I don't know if I should be doing that or how.

Blairbob

Killroy70 doesn't use a steady-state cycle. If I remember it progresses to a harder variant every 3 or 4 weeks.

Rikke Olsen

Maybe the goal set x rep-scheme would be more like 5x5, to my understanding.

Chrisname

@Blairbob,

Okay then, I'll try that.

@Bissen,

I'll go for 5x5 instead, then.

Thank you both.