This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My routine

Started by gymrob, January 12, 2008 · 28 Replies · 5,733 Views

braindx
I was claiming supersets were more effective from a workout design perspective, and you are a bit narrowing it down to a singular exercise overview. People will argue and say that a 10 minute rest between sets of 3-5 RM is even better than your 3-5 min aproach, but it is not realistic, right?

I choose to work with supersets after many years of straight sets work, and I believe it is much more efficient, overall. Look at the influence the A1/A2 aproach had over the strength and conditioning community... It is with a reason. Like I have noted, even coach Sommer recommends blending the planche and front lever work back to back in super sets.

Well, 10 minutes is generally too much of a cool down (max from experimenting and from other anecdotal evidence I've heard is amount 7 mins from what I can tell), but I agree with your point.

You do what you have time for and modify accordingly. If you're hitting up a full body workout in 45-60 mins you definitely have to do some form of workout condensing especially if it's geared towards strength. So yeah, I can understand that and that it works well.

I wasn't actually aware Coach Sommer said to do Front lever and Planche work in supersets (well, from my reading of his dragondoor article). If that's true that's fairly interesting.

Why dont you post something about your achievements in the strength and conditioning field? It sounds like you are quite successful in your training.

We'll save that for another thread since this is Rob's log.

Anyway, I think we got off on the wrong foot . I'm Steve. Glad to meet you.

kbryk

I'm going to have to go with braindx here, I've read some of his stuff, cross pullouts and such, Ido you see to have more stuff written up, and if you are talking about results you would be amazed at how much I've progressed in 1 or 2 months, resting not even 2 minutes between sets. I've never really followed a routine 100% I've found anywhere, and I seem to be going just fine.

And you guess are both just slapping each other, the person who started this thread is not even replying and it is his thread, so lets stop taking over this thread and let him reply and see what he makes of it, since you are critiquing his routine and he should have a say on what he has tried and what has been going well or not so good.

Coach Sommer

With Coach Sommer's permission, in the next few weeks I will start to post some of the results me and my athletes are having with my approach to the training process.

Ido,

I, and I'm sure everyone else, would appreciate your posting and sharing the results of your training approach with your athletes. In all my years of experience, the one invariable that has always held true is that there is always more to learn.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

gymrob

Hey guys,

Thanks for a wealth of different views expressed. It is very interesting to read and I really appreciate the effort put in. The only thing that I can conclude on from what people have said is that I can apply different methods and see which works best.

About this being my thread an everything...don't worry about it at all. In fact I would like to hear as many opinions as I can as I feel this will benefit not only my own knowledge but other readers aswell.

Thank you guys :D