Integrated Training with SSC in FBE and FSP

Started by Paul SONNEVILLE, December 21, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,373 Views

Paul SONNEVILLE

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask about the thing I am planing on doing after the vacations (for Xmas, there is a 1 week break during which I'll do my new work out, since I am at the end of my first SSC).

So, I don't know where I'll be with my FSP since I am testing myself Friday on all the FSP, but I am planing to do something like this :

-frog stand 10 sec

-press variation 5 reps

-45sec rest

-frog stand 10 sec

-press variation 5 reps

45sec rest

-frog stand 10 sec

-press variation 10 sec

-45sec rest

-frog-stand 10sec

-45sec rest

-frog stand 10sec

-45sec rest

-frog stand 10sec

-next FSP (BL in my case) with the same patern.

To put it simply I'd like to do integrated training, but finish with my FSP after I have all my FBE movement done to reach the 60sec mark with each FSP (cause I doubt I'll ever be able to keep a 20sec on each FSP at the beginning of my cycle, and as it has been said, SSC shouldn't change over the time until the cycle is finished)

So, what's your opinion on this ? Does it come close to an integrated training ? I hope to achieve better result and gain a little time as well, 'cause my workout takes about 2h without slacking of and goofing between each sets (I am pretty serious about my training and rarely take rest when it's not absolutely necessary, using a chrono for rest times etc).

But I want to avoid overtraining of course, that I will know by myself soon enough. I only wanted to ask if I could hope for good results with this setting, 'cause coach says the integrated training method give the bests results !

Thanks in advance for your answers,

PSon

Blairbob

Sure. Honestly, try it out and see how it works for you. This will depend on your goals and time limitations.

I prefer to finish one FSP at a time, but it can suck up quite a bit of time but has shown the best results when testing that FSP after a cycle compared to other methods.

Doing the FSP+FBE giant set made both get quite fatigued as I finishing up the work sets even with the right percentages.

Again, what works for one person may not for another.