Hello ![]()
Thank you for Coach Sommer for making such a great book, and to all the moderators for making such a great forum. I have learned so much.
I have been poring through the website and book, studying and discovering a whole new (to me) way of thinking about strength training. My plan had been to work on the basics like hollow hold and learning how to do a handstand myself (fun!) and in January implement a killroy70 kind of plan for my synchronized swimming athletes when they start the general phase of their new competitive year.
But we had some unexpected successes in the year-end competition. As a prize the administrative body will pay for me to attend one course, and I have to take the course before the memory of the success fades. Would it be possible for me to attend all three days of seminar in May even though personally I am not that advanced?
To give you an accurate picture of the situation: I can do a well-done hollow hold for 30s, an arch-hold forever, but it isn't pretty, the L-sit tuck for 10s, and I'm keeping wall handstands, support holds, and dead hangs very short because I don't trust my shoulders yet. I have been a competitive synchro coach for 10 years now and have a BSc in Kinesiology but until someone gave me the book I had never really paid attention to gymnastics.
Thank you for any feedback you can give me
Gen