This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111216

Started by Coach Sommer, December 16, 2011 · 7 Replies · 1,925 Views

Coach Sommer

0JHxecGNDxg

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Hopping HeSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 Wheels

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

20 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include kettlebells, dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(2 rounds)

WOD:2 rounds/rests as rx'd

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 explosive pike PU on 2nd step

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 clapping PU 3rd step

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

20 PU 4th step

2x10 Wrist PU on knees

Notes:

-Only 2 rounds(WOD + FSP WU) today as I am following Ido's recommendation of deloading every 2-5 WO, 40-60%. Felt super good today, but even so I didn't want to jinx myself and overdo things. I was out last night getting more work in than have normally done so I'd rather play it safe and keep feeling good.

-Even 20 PU on the 4th step were trying toward the end of the 2nd round. Whenever I have to do a good amount of reps after some hard stuff, my endurance craps.

Vincent Stoyas
TANSTAAFL said:
-Only 2 rounds(WOD + FSP WU) today as I am following Ido's recommendation of deloading every 2-5 WO, 40-60%. Felt super good today, but even so I didn't want to jinx myself and overdo things. I was out last night getting more work in than have normally done so I'd rather play it safe and keep feeling good

Don't the WODs and SSCs have the deloading already phase built into them?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Hey Guys,

Gonna be gone for a while.. going to focus on upper body hypertrophy strength for a little while. I"LL BE BACK though!

Take cares! Keep working hard! 8)

Josh Schmitter
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:
Hey Guys,Gonna be gone for a while.. going to focus on upper body hypertrophy strength for a little while. I"LL BE BACK though! Take cares! Keep working hard! 8)

Awaiting your return with sanguine emptiness.

Vincearoo said:

Don't the WODs and SSCs have the deloading already phase built into them?

SSCs definitely do if executed properly. I imagine the WODs would as well if you treated them as a SSC, but I have yet to get to the point where my scaling feels good enough where I don't have to deload sometimes...i.e. I still do too much. Thinking back, I want to say it is built into the WOD's as I can remember similar WOD's w/ more or less work involved. But again, even if true, it only applies if scaling is in exactness...which is where I fall slightly less than tall. I feel like giving this a try is the best way for me to go w/ the information I currently have and where my scaled WO's/WU's currently stand.

Vincent Stoyas

Completed 2 rounds. Rests as RX'd

Dynamics Warm Up

Pre req FSPs

Short static stretching

2 Adv. Frog Stand to L sit

20 HS Wall Runs

2 Adv. Frog Stand to L sit

10 Clapping Push Ups

2 Adv. Frog Stand to L sit

20 Push Ups

Finished with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

Fun workout, L sits begin to get intense towards the end of the rounds.

I agree with Tansta, the wall runs and clapping push ups are easier than the simple 20 push ups. By the end of the round, they're tough.

Vincent Stoyas
Bdk1786 said:
You should try piked or box hopping hspu's in place of wall runs. I don't see them as a sufficient replacement for dynamics.

I believe I saw coach recommend them somewhere. I didn't have time to search for it again though, but I may be wrong.

Ivan Uzarevic1

Pre req FSPs WU (3 rounds)

Shoulder routine

Did: 4 rounds of

2 L-sit to tuck Pl on paralletes

5 hopping HeSPU box

2 L-sit to tuck Pl on paralletes

10 clapping PU

2 L-sit to tuck Pl on paralletes

10 swinging dips (only partialy dipping when swinging forward)