This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

San Francisco Gymnastics for adults?

Started by Erich Lin, December 16, 2011 · 30 Replies · 8,665 Views

Nick_Ebner

My client is moving to San Francisco and needs an optimal place for his training.  He is currently doing mostly foundation 1 and the rest mobility work. Since most of this thread is over a year old I figured I'd re-ask, what places are optimal in San Fran for this?  Thanks All!

Blairbob

 In the city? I think Acrosports is where I'd go to in the city. He could also check out the circus schools in the bay area but he needs to find out what equipment they have as apparently some circus schools don't really have men's equipment (my buddys says his doesn't really or there is limited access to it when doing drop-ins).

 

 In Marin there would be the Cave/CFMarin but that's not exactly close from the city. I want to say it's probably 25-30 minutes to CorteMadera from the city (depending on what part of the city he's in).

WorldGym might be another. It says it has CF equipment so maybe it has rings and a bar. I really doubt there is a stall bar or PB though. The rock climbing gym in SF might have basic equipment and it's a good deal for the price but again not really gymnastics.

 

There are 2 Gymnastics gyms in SF well 3. None offer Adult gymnastics or Open gyms. So maybe he can call but they may not carry insurance for adults.

crashnburn
Nick_Ebner said:

My client is moving to San Francisco and needs an optimal place for his training.  He is currently doing mostly foundation 1 and the rest mobility work. Since most of this thread is over a year old I figured I'd re-ask, what places are optimal in San Fran for this?  Thanks All!

I do most of my F1 stuff at home (apt) :)

Steven Cayre

Hi all, just starting with Fundamentals and Foundations 1 and would welcome training in community! I'm located in the Noe Valley neighborhood of San Francisco. If anyone is aware of any classes / meet-ups in SF proper kindly let me know! Thanks :-) Steven (scayre@icloud.com)

Martin Byrod

Hey Steven! I'm in Glen Park just south of 30th street so we're practically neighbors :-). I don't know of any classes or meet-ups but let me know if you find anything interesting. My kids go to Acrosports and we think its fantastic. I know they have adult classes as well, but I have not tried them myself. I'm about one year into Foundations 1 and loving it so far, but it's pretty tough to get trough the progressions.

Rebecca Johnson
On 12/14/2014 at 7:30 PM, Blairbob said:

There are 2 Gymnastics gyms in SF well 3. None offer Adult gymnastics or Open gyms. So maybe he can call but they may not carry insurance for adults.

Acrosports and Circus Center in San Francisco both teach adult gymnastics.