Hey Guys!
There is a problem I have been struggling with since I started training and I feel like this forum is the only platform I can turn to that could be able to help me out:
I really want to improve my gymnastic skills but I am also sharing coach sommer's philosophy that you also need to prepare your body physically to keep making progress, so I strength train 4 times a week (mo, tu, th,fr). The big problem is, when I start a skill training session, my body is not yet fully recovered to show its full potential. I feel quite weak and don't really have much body control and coordination then. So this part of my training is highly compromised...
As suggested, I train intensely but without high volume. I dont feel fatigued after a strength workout, but stimulated. So I dont think I have this "take no prisoners"-attitude, as coach sommer calls it. But the next day, during my skill session, I feel my muscles are weakened.
I also tried to strength train AFTER my skill training, but mostly I dont have any more energy in my body to get any productive strength training done.
What should I do?
I dont want to compromise my skill training but still work on strength. Should I combine it by backing off strength training or should I spend a month or so doing solely strength training and then for another time period doing skill training only?
I really hope there is someone with a few years of serious training experience who can help me out with this.
Thank you in advance