So when you do sub-maximal training, lets say 5 sets of any exercise, what % of your max reps should you do? As i've read here sub-maximal training is better than doing the most reps you can do each set and resting 3-5 min. I really dont like resting that much anyways because i get bored waiting, i prefer resting 1 min.
Note: this would be for maybe a mix of size+strength because strength training is different.
At the moment im doing 10 sets of half my max reps resting 1 min but this just seems to be taking too long to progress. Maybe 10 sets is too much, that's why i want to try maybe 5 sets. I've heard you progress like every 2 or 3 workouts, even if it means increasing only 1 rep, but its been just as hard for me each workout, and ive done maybe more than 20 workouts, or close to that. I barely feel it getting any easier. Sometimes it even feels harder and i barely get the last sets in. I've been at it maybe for 2 1/2 months but ive missed many days during that time but i dont think that affects much.